Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Circle


We have been hosting a prayer and meditation circle with Dr. Nancy Brown on Wednesday nights, and I started attending a couple weeks ago mainly to watch to store but I sit in and I am glad I do and have continued to attend since. Even though I am the only young woman there, it is nice to see women come together and share their positive energy. Nancy is the leader and first shares some positive thoughts and inspiration and then we go around the circle and say what we want to pray for and then anyone who wishes can say a prayer for you as well (out loud) and then we end with some guided meditation. Like I said before, I am not much of a "feeling sharer" but ever since Elijah, I have wanted to learn to open up to myself and others, which ultimately will have a great outcome for my spirit. So whenever it comes my turn to say what I need to pray for, I never know what to really say. I am not really one who says "I wish I will meet the man of my dreams tomorrow" or "I pray for my problems to go away"...I am more so optimistic and take everything for what it is. Anyways, tonight I decided to pray for calmness and strength for November 1st, the date I set to quit smoking cigarettes. I am so happy I did because Nancy happens to also be the director of an acupuncture school and gave me a free month of smoking treatment through acupuncture! I am excited to stop smoking, it is such an ugly habit and horrible for my health. Also, a women came who was crying and so sad because she couldn't get pregnant and she really wants a baby with her husband. This further made me want to donate my eggs, which is something I have been thinking about doing for a couple years now. I personally cannot wait to have babies and if I couldn't get pregnant, I would definitely seek a donor. Giving the gift of life will be extremely rewarding for me. Another motivation to quit smoking! I am grateful to have support from others as well as give support because it really is special and another gathering that brings peace to my life!

No comments: